Seamless Pipe 1/2" - 8"
Weld Pipe 1/2" - 12"
Butt-Weld Fittings 1/2" - 12"
Flanges 1/2" - 8"
Bar 1" - 8"SPECIFICATIONS
A790, A815, A182
SA790, SA815, SA182
Avesta Sheffield 2205 is a ferritic-austenitic stainless
steel which combines many of the beneficial properties
of both ferritic and austenitic steels. As a result
of high chromium and molybdenum contents, the steel
has very good pitting and uniform corrosion resistance
to stress corrosion cracking as well as high mechanical
2205 has good weldability and can be welded using
most of the welding techniques for stainless steels.
Due to the balanced composition, when welded correctly,
the heat affected zone contains sufficient austenite
to avoid the risk of localized corrosion. The chemical
composition of 2205 is balanced to give a microstructure
containing roughly equal amounts of ferrite and
• High strength.
• Low thermal expansion and higher heat
conductivity than austenitic steels.
• High resistance to stress corrosion cracking,
corrosion fatigue and erosion.
• High uniform corrosion resistance.
• High pitting and crevice corrosion
• Good sulfide stress corrosion cracking
• Heat exchangers, tubes and pipe for production
and handling of gas and oil
• Heat exchangers and pipes in desalination
• Pressure vessels, pipes, tanks and heat
exchangers for processing and transport of various
• Pressure vessels, tanks and pipes in process
industries handling chlorides
• Rotors, fans, shafts and press rolls where
the high corrosion fatigue strength can be utilized
• Cargo tanks, piping and welding consumables
for chemical tankers
Tensile Strength (KSI) 65
Yield Strength (KSI) 90KSI can be converted to MPA
(Megapascals) by multiplying by 6.895.